Monday, February 16, 2009

Las Mananitas Restaurant Part I




First, I would like to thank Nathan for recommending Las Mananitas. On Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m., I went to Las Mananitas Restaurant to review this establishment. The address of Las Mananitas Restaurant is 1800 Rio Grande Blvd NW, and the phone number is 242-6334. When I arrived, the host greeted me and gave me a table right away. I looked over the menu, but there was not many dishes to chose from in this restaurant. I asked which are the most popular entrees in their restaurant, and the waitress told me that one of the popular dishes is the plato de combinacion. The plato de Combinacion comes with a chili relleno topped with green chili, a tamale topped with red chili and cheese, and a cheese enchilada for $9.95. However, you can change the cheese enchilada for a shredded beef or chicken enchilada for $10.95. I substituted the cheese enchilada for a chicken enchilada. My waitress Elda Terraza placed the order and in about 5 or 6 minutes, my main course had arrived. The cheese on the dish was freshly melted and it smelled terrific. I first went for the sopapilla. It was fresh, soft, crusty, and very tasty. Finally, I went for the main dish. Everything was freshly made on this plate. The chicken in the enchilada was fresh and had a good amount of flavor. The chili was spicy. Just the way I like it. The whole meal was delicious. The whole experience at this restaurant was great. The waitress and the owner were very polity and courteous. After I ate my dish, I interviewed the waitress who has worked in this restaurant for 20 years. She also gave me a tour of the restaurant. You can read my interview in the next post. Please tell me your own experiences at Las Mananitas Restaurant!

2 comments:

  1. Holy chicken Mexican plate man, you really know how to whet a New Mexican's palate! The picture are a good compliment to the piece, but I think your rhetoric could use some work and you seem to be falling into the same pitfalls I do: you are so excited about writing the piece that you seem to forget to proofread it. It happens to be all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post...I'm glad you liked the restaurant. I used to work there, so I know the food is great and the atmosphere is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete