Monday, February 9, 2009

Los Cuates Part II




After I ate my meal, I interviewed the manager
Leslie of Los Cuates. My perception of Leslie is that he is a nice man. From this interview, I learned that there are three Los Cuates in New Mexico. The addresses to each one are Del Norte 4901 Lomas NE, 5016 Lomas NE, and 8700 Menual NE. The original location was the Del Norte restaurant; however, the restaurant that I went to was the Menual restaurant. The first question that I asked the manager Leslie was the history of Los Cuates. Leslie stated that Los Cuates has been around for twenty-five years. He also added that the original owner Frank named his restaurant Los Cuates because he had to twins, which los cuates in english means twins. However, five years ago the restaurant changed hands. I also asked him what are the most popular dishes at this restaurant? He replied that the combination dishes are the most popular entrees in the restaurant, such as Frank's Combination plate and Los Cuates Combination plate. Another question I asked him is where does he get his food products? He said that he gets his food products from local distributors, such as Sysco and Zanios. I also learned a couple of the main ingredients for the salsa, which are chipotle peppers and honey. This is where are interview ended. If you want more information about the menus for Los Cuates, the link is http://www.loscuatesrestaurant.com/.

1 comment:

  1. What makes a restaurant "New Mexican"--in your view? It seems from your Los Cuates review that it's partly to do with the menu and partly with having some history--or maybe a founding family. Is it possible to be a non native or an anglo or a European or an immigrant and launch a new "New Mexican" restaurant? Do any restaurants fake being New Mexican? Or are there secrets kept that newcomers cannot fathom? I ask this because once students told me that it was impossible to "become" New Mexican--even over time. You have to be born here, they said. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete